Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Peter's training update

I'm sitting at a Panera this warm, Spring morning, drinking chai and catching up on my email. I drove into town from my parents last night to skype with Peter. And it was so fun to have a long skype date with him and see his face. It felt like we were just sitting at the kitchen table talking about our day.

He's been doing really well and getting great marks on his flights. They fly every day, sometimes twice a day. A few of his flights have been canceled due to weather, but not too many. He was able to take off yesterday before a storm came over Pueblo and then had to fly longer, skirting and looking down on the storm, waiting to land. He said it was a lot of fun and that he was probably smiling from ear to ear during that flight. It was looking like he was going to finish early, sometime next week, even with some flight cancelations in there. But yesterday he was given a proficiency advance. So he will skip his next couple of flights and solo today as well as do a "pre check ride" right afterward. Tomorrow he will do his check ride (final exam) that includes ground and flight time and then done and leave on Friday! Awesome. I always knew he was advanced :-D. He will have to go to Madison, Wi to do paperwork called in/out processing with his unit and that will take a couple of days. But he will (if today and tomorrow go well) be back in Texas sometime next week, probably mid-late week and then I'll be back on Sunday night, May 8th. 

I can't wait to see him again. We have an appointment on the 9th with our new doctor and they want to do an ultrasound for their records. Now he'll get to be there for that, which I was hoping would be the case. 

I'm doing well. The baby is growing and kicking and having the hiccups regularly. :-D I can't believe that he/she will be here so soon! In 7.5 weeks I will be considered full term. Full term = 37-42 weeks, so they could come over a period of 5 weeks, what will the birthday be? And I wonder if they (he/she) still looks like their dad. Can't wait to see their face again too!

Hope you are all well. Looking forward to seeing the Bostonians tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment