Monday, April 25, 2011

AZ time with my Bro and Heidi

I just got back to an internet connection to catch up on last weekend. I spent few days in Arizona with my brother and a friend from college, Heidi. Amazingly too, Wichita Falls, TX (my new home), was quite a bit hotter than Phoenix, AZ was...it was only 88-92 degrees while I was visiting there and over 100 in Texas. I am sure not living in Wisconsin anymore. 

I met Andrew's roommate, saw where he worked, and ran some errands with him - just normal life. He took me to a favorite restaurant of his, In and Out Burger, and a Red Wings playoff game. We wore Wings shirts and represented Michigan along with half the people there. Our seats were near the Phoenix goal, so we had plenty of action and checks to watch. It was fun. 

Heidi and I took some long walks and talked about our big life changes, my baby and her up-coming wedding and marriage to Sean. It was so good to have that time. They "had" to go up to Sedona one afternoon and I tagged along. We had a picnic looking at the red rock formations and walked around the town. 

And then I flew to Michigan on Tuesday morning and, after several delays and detours because of storms in the mid-west, arrived Wednesday morning. But I got to know the man next to me well and hear all about his family and work. I think he was a little nervous about flying the way he kept chatting at 3 in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment