Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Peter starts IFS!!!

Peter left this morning for Pueblo, CO to start IFS or Initial Flight School. He'll be gone for 3-6 weeks depending largely on the weather and how much flying time he gets. It's exciting! We've been waiting for an opening in this school for the last 6 months and he's finally starting it. He feels well prepared and is ready. And me too. Although, anticipating the good-bye, and the good-bye itself, seems to be the hardest thing about the separation. Now the countdown begins till we're both home again. (And we'll be able to talk/skype while he's away too). I'll also be doing some traveling to see family and friends while he's away, a good use of time.

I have things to knit and sew for our baby and our niece who will be born in August. And cheery, yellow daffodils that Peter got for me. He heard me say what a happy flower they were and went to buy them for me yesterday before he left. When he got to the florist he found out that he would have to special order them since they were no longer in season, but he was determined to get yellow daffodils as a reminder of him. I love them. And I so love that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment