Thursday, April 14, 2011

the happenings while we're apart

Peter had his first flight yesterday, called the dollar ride because you give the instructor a dollar afterward. Although, if you're Peter you only have a $20 in your wallet and will have to get back to him. Needless to say, the flight went really well. As well as the academic instruction when he was called on and to tell what he would do in such a such scenario and answered correctly. When he sends me a picture of it, I'll put it up. His flight (class) are all still in their dress uniform though since someone each time has failed the Bold Face/OPS limits test, so hopefully soon they will all pass and be able to wear their flight suit all day instead of just when they fly.

I have been home, knitting and trying to figure out how to make this house more of "home". I've also met several wives on base and have spent a lot of time with them. It almost feels like starting Wheaton again with how many people I'm meeting and that they are all the same age as me and with husbands that are all flying. I volunteered to sell trinkets at one classes graduation and meet a few girls that just looked like they were Christians (it must be something with the eyes or the smile). They were and invited me to a wives Bible study on Tuesdays. I feel very much like this is becoming home and that I'm building community already, which is way more than I expected. It is such a blessing. Some of my new friends will drive me to the airport tomorrow so I can go visit family for a couple of weeks while Peter finishes this first part of training. They're even going to check our mail, water the plants, and care for the lawn too.

No comments:

Post a Comment