Thursday, June 2, 2011

a vacation day

Today felt like Peter and I were somewhere on vacation. It all started with sleeping in....
We had a relaxing breakfast and lingered over our coffee and tea, chatting and enjoying the morning sunlight coming through the window. Today was going to be a baby shopping day, but first I had an 11am appointment for a prenatal massage that Peter had made for me at a Spa in town. (The baby is getting heavy now that I'm 35 weeks!) Peter wanted to come and see my face after I was done, so he brought a book and some study material to keep himself busy for the hour. It was a beautiful place that was decorated with stone and ferns and fountains, with candles and beautiful lamps glowing and soft music playing. I was pretty impressed. And the massage felt wonderful! I didn't want it to end. :-D I was so relaxed afterwards that neither of us wanted to go shopping anymore. So we went home. And since the day was already feeling so special we had a special lunch of toasted turkey, swiss and basil sandwiches with iced coffee. And then spent the rest of the afternoon soaking up rays by the pool. It really felt like we were on vacation... somewhere. The one thing that seemed like "normal" life was that, just like everyday, the National Anthem was broadcasted at 4:30 over the base load speakers and everyone at the pool stopped what they were doing and faced the direction of the flag until it was over. A new normal if you live on a military base.

No comments:

Post a Comment