Monday, January 24, 2011

an unexpected time with family

On the last day of our girls/guys weekend with friends I got a call that my grandmother had passed away. So our plans for reuniting in Colorado changed quickly to meeting up in Michigan instead. A lot of family from out-of-state came in, some that I hadn't seen in years. It was good to get to know the more grown-up versions of my cousins and for Peter to meet them. We both really enjoyed our time with them and my brothers. And Peter was quick to offer to hold our 7 month old niece and is quite the "natural". It was a fast and packed few days, but a blessing to all be together. We are now back in Denver and settling back into normal life for the next two weeks until we drive to Wisconsin for the annual pond hockey tournament (ie: hang out with college/HoneyRock friends).

No comments:

Post a Comment