Sunday, September 12, 2010

our first home

I am sitting in our first home together. It has been a wonderful year and a half of living here. Of being married and starting life together. They say that you will always remember your first home fondly, and think back on all your times there.

Our first home is a little, wood-paneled apartment with big windows that look out at the woods and horse pasture. There is a little porch off our bedroom with a swing to sit on and little musical chimes. You can hear the wind in the leaves through the windows. And the walls are still echoing with laughter from the tickling and silly story-songs that have become so much apart of our lives. And our shoes are lined up outside waiting to go on a walk through the woods and down to the lake. I will miss many things about living here.

We are moving. We will move to many places in the next couple years. It is the start of a new adventure and I am excited. The Lord is leading and I have great expectations for the unknown ahead. And I am so thankful for what he has done in my life and for me, so thankful for this first home and the time here, so thankful for my husband, and so thankful to run this path set before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment