Tuesday, September 21, 2010

meeting the Grovers

We are in Colorado! And this will be our home for the next few months. It was a bit slower than we thought with the truck, we didn't even make it out of Wisconsin the first night before we had to find a place to camp for the night. But we had so much fun camping out. I believe our time at HoneRock influenced our recreation for sure, I can't imagine myself ever before thinking about to turning our air mattress into a small blob... only in the gentlest sense though. Iowa was beautiful, green and hilly. Nebraska was flat with corn fields, but so many historic sight along the way.  Colorado looked a lot like Nebraska at first, until we got close to Denver and the mountains. And we enjoyed going through it all.
We arrived in Centennial yesterday afternoon and put our things in storage. I finally "met" the Grovers, long-time friends of Pete. I say met because we had never seen each other, but through Peter and several emails, I felt like I already knew them and were friends with them. Part of me wanted to say, "hello, old friend!" and the other part say, "This is the start of a beautiful friendship!" Ben and his dad, Jay, helped us unload the truck and we had dinner with the whole family and met little Matthew. It was so fun.
But today has come we are starting out in our Jeep for a month-long road trip around the West. The first stop from here is Montana and seeing our friends, the Elsens.

No comments:

Post a Comment