Monday, August 8, 2011

the Sailhamer news of the week

What are the updates on our lives from the past week you are wondering? A lot is centering around the newest member, Joshua. A friend told me once when I was pregnant that I'll just want to spend hours staring at him. Maybe I don't spend hours at a time, but I do love to look at him and am fascinated by him. I am continually amazed at this little gift God has given us and Peter and I are both so enjoying this new role and job as parents. It is a joy.

The big events in Joshua's life this week have been that he Josh turned 3 weeks on Thursday. It's hard to believe it's almost been a month now. For the memorable event Joshua and I had a visit from LtCol Moon, who is in charge of everything here, and his sweet wife Debby. Peter was still at work, so I sent him a text asking if I should tell them hi for him or invite them to stay for dinner :).  I got a surprised "No way" in response, but awesome that they are coming over. It was a lot of fun to chat with them and have them meet Joshua. Colonel Moon brought a certificate from the squadron making Joshua an official (kid) member. It was really quiet the event of the day. Also, this past week, a friend of ours came over and took newborn pictures of Josh. They are really incredible! We're so glad to have them. Peter made an album you can view at: https://picasaweb.google.com/113355348959610386847/EmilyMoonSPhotosOfJoshua?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCITOmfWClLjaDQ&feat=directlink

For Peter, training has been going well and he is loving it. Depending on how the weather goes he may be soloing the plane next week. It has been a very hot summer here and Wichita Falls has been having record highs. This week it has been 112+ and many flights have been canceled since those temperatures are too hot to fly the T-6. (Peter could tell you why). So when you are scheduled for the late shift (9am-9pm) like this past week has been, it was a toss up if it would be too hot by the time you were scheduled to fly. Not flying gave him a lot more practice time in the flight simulators though. But hopefully today and this week it will be different and he will be flying around the big puffy clouds.

I am doing well and really loving being a mother. A friend from college drove up for a visit yesterday and it was great to spend time with her. And we have some other visitors scheduled to come soon too. My parents in 2 weeks and a friend from HoneyRock around Labor Day. I've also had several visitors stop by and chat and bring meals over, which has been so helpful for me and made me feel so loved and still connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment