Tuesday, November 9, 2010

things we do to occupy our time

So here's the deal, for the next few months Peter and I are unemployed so to speak. Peter is excitedly anticipating starting pilot training and his days will be filled with working out and studying tons of material that he has found.
So what will my days look like? I have been asked this question zillions of times. We will have 6-7 moves in the next 3 years, the length of stay varying from weeks, to months, to one year. On one hand it's hard to pursue a career when your husband's job is moving him often to different states. Perhaps, someday, I will be able to teach again. But on the other hand, the thought of not working opens up many possible options of what I could do. I have thought about things that I love and what I'd like to do in the next few months and years.
The answer: cooking classes, music lessons, studying and tutoring Spanish. So I have signed up for harp lessons and taken my first cooking class (Fish 101). Peter downloaded Rosetta Stone on my computer so I can use it to brush up on my Spanish. I am super excited for each one of these things. I found the harp teacher on a national listing who teaches beginners to advanced on all types of harps. When I called her I found out that she was a Christian. It's a God thing. My first cooking class was so fun and it opened up the mysterious world of cooking with fish to me. The class was 3 hours long, covering how to select and buy fish, different cooking methods and which would best fish a type of fish. Then we made three fish entrees using a different cooking method. Peter loved eating my left-overs that I had made.

No comments:

Post a Comment